12 months ago
HR and Training Manager responsibilities include; recruiting and training new hires, managing employee data and taking steps to retain our people.
Ultimately, you will run a healthy hotel business where our employees are happy, engaged and productive
• Design hiring plans for all hotel departments based on seasonal needs
• Interview and assess job candidates
• Manage compensation and benefits plans
• Oversee employee attendance and working schedules, including paid time off, overtime and breaks
• Onboard new hires
• Report on employee turnover rates
• Organize employee records, like contracts, paying special attention to work permits and visas
• Implement employee retention programs (like end-of-season bonuses)
• Coordinate accommodation, catering and transport for our staff when necessary
• Identify training needs and schedule trainings for all hotel employees (for example, customer service skills training)
• Act as the point of contact when employees have queries or job-related issues
• Ensure hotel staff complies with relevant health and safety regulations
• Minimum of 3 years work experience as an HR Manager, preferably in the hospitality industry
• Understanding of labor legislation with an emphasis on part-time and overtime regulations
• Superb track record in developing and executing successful training programs.
• Excellent communication skills
With 40 years of experience, we have provided people management and human resource solutions to some of Africa's leading companies across diverse industries, including oil & gas, telecoms, manufacturing, financial services, FMCG, and technology.